[L2Ork-dev] [GSoC] Purr Data Emscripten Build Progress so far

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 17:38:45 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 3:59 PM Zack Lee <cuinjune at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Thank you for your tip.
>
> I tried replacing all existing dsp_add() function calls' last argument with (t_int)64 but it still generated the same error.
>
> Yesterday, I tried a different approach by starting from a pd-vanilla emscripten source files and adding purr data code when needed. I could at least remove the "dac~: bad vector size" error but still there's another error "pd-to-gui socket: Bad file descriptor" which I believe is related to "pd/src/s_inter.c" file.

By mixing these source files you may be creating two sources of truth.
For example, sys_flushtogui-- the function
that has the pd-to-gui error-- uses some global variables in Purr
Data. In Pd Vanilla the "pd_this" thread-local struct
is used instead. Initializing one somewhere in the codebase and using
the other somewhere else could be a
source of error-- for example if sys_guisock is uninitialized here.

-Jonathan