[L2Ork-dev] How to debug Windows and OSX

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Apr 6 20:10:15 EDT 2020

So, in building a somewhat more complex patch in Purr-Data, apart from a
hefty bug report list, I encountered a crasher that seems to only affect
OSX and Windows, but (AFAICT) not the Linux. Yet, it seems like debugging
either Windows or OSX is all but impossible. Windows is apparently built
without any debugging symbols, whereas OSX, after dealing with the gdb code
signing issue, I am unsure what to launch. Launching nwjs inside the
Pd-l2ork.app makes the whole thing hang and the gdb reports no debugging
symbols being available. Any thoughts?

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061