[L2Ork-dev] GSOC '19

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:17:23 EST 2019

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 11:58 AM aayush surana <suranaaayush98 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am Aayush Surana, a fourth year undergraduate student pursuing BTech from IIIT Hyderabad, India. I am interested to contribute to Purr Data this year. I have successfully built and installed Purr Data on my local machine and have also looked through the user guide studying the advancements of Purr Data over Pure Data.
>
> I am interested in the following projects:
>
> 1) Purr Data Message and DSP Profiler
> 2) Port the K12 Mode that Pd-l2ork introduced
> 3) ASCII art to Purr Data diagram conversion
>
> I request the mentors to guide me on how to start contributing to the proposed projects.

Hello Aayush,

Welcome!

A good first step is to tackle one of the issues labeled
"good-first-bug" to get a sense of the
development process. Here's a rather simple one:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues/510

Regarding the three project ideas you mentioned: do you currently have
a preference among them?
If not I can guide on which parts of the code to start looking at for each one.

Also-- have you participated in GSoC or any open source projects before?

Best,
Jonathan