[L2Ork-dev] GSoc 2019

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:25:59 EST 2019

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:07 AM binish <1n6b6s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sir/Ma’am,
>
>       I am very much excited and interested for the idea “Inject Purr Data Directly into the Web” for Gsoc 19. I have read  the guidance list for for the proposal,but the problem is that I am presently a first year engineering student in Computer Science & Engineering and I have not contributed to any projects earlier. But I have made my own website using HTML5,CSS and JAVASCRIPT. I also had c++ as my elective subject in high school. I honestly want to work with your team as I know I will learn many things here. So am I eligibkle for the organization? Taking into consideration that I have not contributed to any open source earlier?

What kinds of topics did you study in your C++ class?

Have you tried making a quick outline of a plan to implement this
project idea? If not, I'd suggest to try that, and keep a list of each
"technology" which you must understand to succeed.

For example, the current GUI uses nw.js, which is essentially
HTML5 with a node.js backend. So the "technologies" involved
to make a purely HTML5 GUI for the web would be HTML5, node.js,
and (a few) nw.js interfaces.

See what you come up with, then I can help you decide if this
project idea is workable or too ambitious for you.

Best,
Jonathan