[L2Ork-dev] purr-data installation xubuntu 18.04 no built-in jack?

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 17:29:15 EST 2019

Hi Julien,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 5:25 PM Julien Ottavi <julien at apo33.org> wrote:

> Got everything fine (make/make install), pd-l2ork start fine but I
> discovered that there is no jack support, is it really true or did I
> missed something? As libjack + dev are part of the requirement libraries
> I thought it will be integrated but only alsa and oss...

Jonathan is right, Jack support is definitely included in the 18.04 JGU
package on the OBS. I just checked that on my virtual 18.04 installation,
with purr-data installed straight from the OBS repo, and Jack shows up in
the audio preferences all right.

Since you're running some derivative, it might be some incompatibility with
the libjack on your system. I'm building the packages on stock Ubuntu, so
that might well be possible -- apodio's Jack might be a different version,
or maybe they ship their own custom Jack package.

Anyway, it seems that you were able to solve your problem by recompiling
from source, that's great. Happy Purr'ing! :)

Joyeux Noël!

Email: aggraef at gmail.com, web: https://agraef.github.io/