[L2Ork-dev] purr-data installation xubuntu 18.04 no built-in jack?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Mon Dec 23 12:12:28 EST 2019

Julien,

The method is explained at
https://agraef.github.io/purr-data/#building-from-source :

"On Debian/Ubuntu, Mac and Windows this should leave the ready-made
package in the toplevel source directory. Install this as usual"

So thanks to the maintainers of Pd-L2Ork/Purr-Data for their build system!

Although it works there's a much better method for your use case, which
is to distribute well-maintained packages for your custom distribution,
because using the latest commit of the master git repo may not be the
best idea...

Install a new apt source file:

echo 'deb-src https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/aggraef/xUbuntu_18.04 ./' | (sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aggraef-purr-data.list)
curl -L https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/aggraef/xUbuntu_18.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-update

Create a temp folder to build your packages:

mkdir tmp-build && cd tmp-build

Get the source of purr-data:

apt-get source purr-data

Build the package:

cd purr-data-2.10.0+git4199+7cf93e5e
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
cd -

Then, for pd-l2ork (if desired/required):

apt-get source pd-l2ork
cd pd-l2ork-20190812+git1771+42cedfa8
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
cd -