[L2Ork-dev] purr-data installation xubuntu 18.04 no built-in jack?

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 14:05:00 EST 2019

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 11:25 AM Julien Ottavi <julien at apo33.org> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> thanks to the purr team for putting this together!
>
> I am testing some installation of Purr-data/pd-l2ork on Xubuntu 18.04
> for next apodio distro http://apodio.org using this tutorial :
> https://agraef.github.io/purr-data/#jgu-packages
>
> Got everything fine (make/make install), pd-l2ork start fine but I
> discovered that there is no jack support, is it really true or did I
> missed something? As libjack + dev are part of the requirement libraries
> I thought it will be integrated but only alsa and oss...
>
> I didn't find anything around the web neither on the archives of the
> list... but maybe the issue exist somewhere...
>
> any ideas?
>
> thank you / cheers

Hi Julien,

The packages Albert builds should included Jack support:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:aggraef

Also, these packages should include it:

https://github.com/jonwwilkes/purr-data/releases

If any of those Gnu/Linux packages don't included Jack support let me
know and I'll
file a bug report.

-Jonathan