[L2Ork-dev] Google Summer of Code

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:45:55 EDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 10:35 AM Supriya Palli <supriyaharesh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> My name is Supriya Palli and I am a first-year Computer Science B.S. student at Florida State University. I currently finishing up a C++ course in Object Oriented Programming and am looking for ways to continue my learning in C++ and other technologies over the summer. I noticed that some of the projects you have listed for Google Summer of Code include C++ as a skill, but I am not sure I would meet the other skill requirements. Are there any specific projects you would recommend for beginners? Or any projects I could contribute to outside of the Google Summer of Code program?

Hello Supriya,

I think the only one explicitly listed with C++ is "JIT-compiled
Signal Graph for the Audio Engine." That's a pretty
intensive project.

However, all the project ideas wrt external libraries could be written
in C++. That would include
"Fake News Audio Library," "Vintage Platform Audio Emulation Library,"
and "Library for Data Over Audio Communication."
Those will require knowledge of DSP programming techniques as well as
DSP audio and DSP
realtime audio knowledge.

There are also possibilities to come up with your own project ideas.
If you happen to have one that fits your
C++ skillset you're welcome to run it by us and we'll see if we can help.

Best,
Jonathan