[L2Ork-dev] PD_BIGORSMALL

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:25:12 EDT 2018

I don't know how that actually works because for CPUs that don't support
denormal arithmetic or bash them to zero it can go to a software assist,
but I'm not sure where in the chain that happens. I don't think there's any
solid way to avoid doing a computation that results in a denormal or having
to zero one out once it's there. If I had to guess, I'd wager that the
assist doesn't kick in until you try to do something with one. If you want
something that will catch just denormals it's easy, but notice also that
PD_BIGORSMALL also tags infs and nans for free.