[L2Ork-dev] Introductory Mail GSoC participant

pranay gupta pranayguptastudent at gmail.com
Sat May 5 01:06:59 EDT 2018

Hello sir,

I have made a separate branch by the name of pd-l2ork_double_v1 in my fork.
Here is the link to that.
https://git.purrdata.net/pranay_36/purr-data/tree/pd-l2ork_double_v1

I have committed a change to the file pd/src/m_pd.h. Here is the link to
the commit.
https://git.purrdata.net/pranay_36/purr-data/commit/b788cba87083e3c22892aa86adecddae95a0ba05

These are done to set the PD_FLOATTYPE value to either float or double
depending on the float precision value, similar to what has been done in
the pd_double project. Also I have set the default precision value as 32.

I was hoping if you could please review these changes and also guide me as
to how should I proceed further.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Pranay Gupta

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pranay,
>
> welcome! Sorry for chiming in so late, I've been snowed under with work
> lately...
>
> As for the workflow implementing the double version, I agree with Jonathan
> that it would be the best if you maintain this as a separate feature branch
> in your own fork of Jonathan's repository on Gitlab for now. That way you
> can pull in the latest changes from Jonathan's master branch every once in
> a while so that it stays current, we can easily test it, and we can then
> eventually discuss and decide whether it's feasible to pull your version
> into the master branch or whether it's better to keep it as a separate
> version of the program.
>
> I'm really looking forward to this, it will be a great addition to Purr
> Data!
>
> Best,
> Albert
>

> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 12:33 PM, pranay gupta <
> pranayguptastudent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello sir,
>>
>> I just had a very basic question.
>> For the new version of purr-data with double precision floating points,
>> is it be a good idea to make a separate public repository like pd-double.?
>> Also should I host it on github or on gitlab only?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Pranay Gupta
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 11:59 PM, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Echoing Jonathan's words, welcome to the community, Pranay. We sincerely
>>> look forward to working with you on this exciting addition to the
>>> Purr-Data/pd-l2ork ecosystem. Please let do not hesitate to let us know if
>>> you have any questions or concerns.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Ico
>>>

>>> --