[L2Ork-dev] Regarding GSoC'18

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:41:23 EDT 2018

Hi Rishabh,

Here's some feedback on your proposal:

1. What does the bullet point 'Additional Contribution of "API for
HTML5 WebApps"' mean?

2. Under your bullet point where you cite Pd "blogs/pages/links" you
also list two svg
projects that aren't related to Pd.

3. When you write "representation of PD in Array data structure" I'm
not sure what you
are referring to.

4. In the sentence "I believe in creating arrays of data and
information [...]" the phrase
"data and information" is redundant.

5. Under Week 1 and 2 you refer to "C’s array." I'm not exactly sure
what that means or
how the process you outline there works. For example: do you plan to
parse the ASCII
art in JS or in C? That part isn't clear.

6. Under Week 3 and 4 what does "API development application" mean?

7. When you talk about communicating with the Pd backend using AJAX, are you
talking about implementing an AJAX API in C for the backend? Why not just reuse
the current interface?

8. Under Week 4 and 5: is the "preprocessing" you refer to here being
done in JS or C?

9. Under Week 8 and 9: not sure what the root access and scripts refer
to-- is that
for testing?

10. Under Week 10 and 11: it looks like you're talking about a testing framework
here. What does the part about implementing a session manager mean?

In general I would suggest clarifying your proposal so that the
answers to the questions
I've asked become clear. I'm still not exactly clear on the process by
which the ASCII art
would be parsed and turned into a selection in a Purr Data diagram.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask
here on the list.

-Jonathan