[L2Ork-dev] Ad hoc parsers in Purr Data

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:38:05 EDT 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 3:49 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres
<porres at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Also, you left IOhannes' remark on the Pd mailing list unanswered:
>>
>> > before you start doing that, please detail your plan on how to not break
>> > all patches that rely on "#<number> from being expanded to "$<number>"
>

> If you follow that thread closely, you'll see Ico jumping in saying "we
> fixed that in pd-l2ork", and me saying "what about this thing IOhannes
> said?", then Ico saying "Oh, I think that's fine". And then, right after I
> brought IOhannes' remark here on this thread, as a follow up to that, I
> simply stated I couldn't get the problem at all.
>
> So yeah, I'm aware of potential concerns and I'm not ignoring them, I'm
> gladly raising them up. And as far as unanswered questions go, I've asked a
> couple of times here for a practical example where this should be of any
> concern indeed (and as a response to that). Not that I'm saying/implying
> there shouldn't be any concern, I'm only trying to say I can't see it. And I
> don't even want to debate if it is a big deal, doable or not, I'm just
> curious as I simply just don't understand it.

Please don't repeat the same question multiple times across the list
and the issue tracker. It's disruptive.

Ico and you have already stated you're intentions to investigate the fix.
At the point that code is delivered others can and will review the concerns
you've raised.