[L2Ork-dev] CI Runners

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:13:46 EDT 2018

Well, it's a workable solution, but not a pretty one, and I'm not sure
how well this will fare when a PR is rebased and squashed while it's
still WIP. Also, it requires submitters to remember to change the
target branch when submitting a PR. Or you'd have to make dev the new
default branch (which, however, needs to be unprotected so that you
can force-push to it). But this all has a smell of kludge to it, I
wouldn't do it.

What's wrong with just pulling the source branch from the PR into your
working copy (I'm sure there must be *something* in Gitlabs web
interface which lets you copy-and-paste that URL, or you could ask
people to provide it in their PRs) and then just push that branch to
your remote to make the CI chew on it? That shouldn't be more than 2-3
git commands and even those could be automated pretty easily with a
little shell script, I'd say.

Albert