[L2Ork-dev] Pd-l2ork 1+2 parallel installations (Linux) might go EOL next month

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:22:20 EDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:11 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I know there was some interest by a GSoC student in porting K12 to Purr
> Data. In that case it may be beneficial to
> have version 1 and 2 side-by-side on the same machine.

No problem, it doesn't hurt if I keep the current form of the JGU
package around a few months more. I just wanted to test the waters and
see whether there's actually anyone who still needs this.

> Albert-- would it be workable to change the install directory and binary to
> something like "purr" of "purrd"? If so I can
> help with that.

That's just the easy part. There are a bunch of other files in
conflict between the two packages. If you want to have a look at all
the hoops you have to jump through to makes the packages coexist, take
a look at the `override_dh_auto_install` goal in my
debuild/debian/rules file [1] and the layout of the resulting package
[2]. I wouldn't want *anything* resembling this in our source,
considering that all this is just a temporary workaround at the
packaging level anyway.

[1]: https://github.com/agraef/purr-data/blob/master/debuild/debian/rules
[2]: https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/pd-l2ork.bionic/+files/purr-data_2.4.9+git3808+1714bf15-1_amd64.deb

But as I said, it's not a big deal, I'll just keep the "dual install"
version around until GSoC is over.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com