[L2Ork-dev] no [text insert] in Purr Data?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 13:31:58 EST 2018

> there's an object: [pdinfo] click helpfile, it takes a msg [version(,
> which tells pd 0.48

that's cool, thanks!

> > Does it say anywhere it uses Pd 0.48 or any Pd Vanilla particular
> version?
>
> Yes, in m_pd.h. We probably need to add it to "About Pd":
>
> https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues/420

great idea, thanks

> All three Purr Data maintainers have done the work of porting
> features from Pd, so there's no need to guess.

hm, not sure I get this, I was only referring about guessing wether or not
it explicitly said anywhere...

It's demand-based work: users request a feature we haven't
> ported yet. Then when one of us has the time and inclination we port it.
>
> This works out well because the features usually have lots of bug fixes
> by the time we port them.

Well, if you're explicitly referring to a Pd version, I think you should
keep track and have all features ported or at least have the missing ones
mapped and clearly pointed out somewhere as "to do". Otherwise, you might
say it "roughly" compares to a given version, like your issue mentions (and
maybe be more specific to what that means: "things might be missing, so if
you see something, say something). I think it'd be better if you kept
track, but I know it requires a significant amount of work and help. I'd
love to help too, if possible, but unfortunately I've been too busy with
externals development - maybe sometime.

cheers