[L2Ork-dev] Problem installing PD-L2Ork on AVLinux

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:47:50 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Hanstein Rommerud <hanstein at alumni.ntnu.no>
wrote:

> Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libfilte1 (>= 1.4-release-9~)

That's not a dependency of my purr-data packages. Are you using my PPA?
Sure that you installed purr-data, not the pd-l2ork package? If you added
the PPA for the Ubuntu version you're using and installed using `apt` then
all dependencies should be resolved automatically.

I'm not sure how up-to-date those KXStudio DVD images are. If I'm not
mistaken, they're based on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) which is four years old. I
wouldn't want to use that any more, but I do still offer a PPA for that
(will go EOL soon, though, as 18.04 comes out next month).

It’s not that I have to use AVLinux/debian, it’s just that this is what my
> pupils and myself got used to, and we use Ardour and plugins which are
> included in AVLinux (and apparently also KXStudio - haven’t used that
> before), and this is quite frustrating, as it was basically one thing that
> I needed to do; to communicate from Pure Data with an Arduino, through, for
> instance comport-object, which is not included in the vanilla Pure data.

I understand you. Getting used to a different distribution is always hard.
But I can't provide support for each and every Ubuntu derivative on the
planet, so I'm targeting mainline Ubuntu. Which means that if you're
running one of the derivatives you're basically on your own.

If all else fails, you can always try to compile and install purr-data
yourself. It's not a walk in the park, but there are fairly detailed
installation instructions in the README at
https://github.com/agraef/purr-data#linux.

Good luck!

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com