[L2Ork-dev] disis_munger~ in last purr-data release?

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:57:49 EST 2018

> What I am confused by is that the old version of the build system was capable of doing this and working around this
> problem as it could generate the final binary without any interruptions.

Ah, I think I remember that you just saved the manually configured
file(s) that flext spits out after running its
command for the first time.

If you want to set that same thing up in externals/Makefile and then
add the relevant flext stuff for each supported platform
I guess that would work. But then you're going to need to have a
separate branch in the externals/Makefile recipe so
that each platform uses the correct flext configuration files (each of
which you manually test on each supported platform
and then save to the repo).

That should at least get you to whatever the 2nd level problems were
with msys2 and flext. I can't remember if I tested
building flext under OSX before I gave up, so that needs to be tested, too.

I know flext is an important system, and since we supported it before
I'll certainly accept a merge request that gets it
working again. But again-- due to its unreasonable build system I'm
not going to maintain it and be as grumpy as possible
to prevent more than a single developer getting sucked in to maintaining it.