[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data 2.4.7 released

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:53:54 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 3:21 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 8:45 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> valgrind-3.12.0.SVN
>

> According to the changelog, that bug was fixed in 3.12.0 in October 2016.
> But that SVN tag in the version number is suspicious, it might indicate a
> pre-release snapshot.
>
> I guess that you can only be sure if you grab the Debian Stretch source
> package and have a look at the source file. But it's clear from the error
> message that the valgrind version run by CI does check against the wrong
> value (after the bugfix it's supposed to check for <=96, not 88).

Ok, the relevant fix is listed in the changelog for both Buster and Sid, but
not in Stretch. AFAICT that means valgrind simply will not work under
Debian Stable in armv7l.

I'm going to invoke the "code of conduct" rule #3 here and simply drop
Debian Stretch armv7l from the CI. Having to manually build a memory
checker/debugger in a *stable* release of an OS-- or even go spelunking
in its changelogs to figure it out-- isn't a productive use of my time.

If someone can confirm that valgrind works on a stable version of Ubuntu
on armv7l I'll use that instead of Debian in the CI.

-Jonathan

[1] https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data#code-of-conduct