[L2Ork-dev] Unifying GUI toolkit versions

Marco Donnarumma lists at marcodonnarumma.com
Sun Apr 1 12:01:56 EDT 2018

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the heads up.
I myself run Linux, so, personally, no problem, but at most of the
workshops I teach to beginners, participants often have windows xp or older
Mac os.

Imho, it would be a real pity to entirely exclude people using old systems
from using purrdata, it would risk wasting the potential of purr to be much
more open and graspable than pd vanilla to beginners, who do not
necessarily use or update their computers and os as much as we do :)

That said, I imagine and trust you have solid reasons to have taken this
decision.

Any possible compromise?

best,