[L2Ork-dev] Fwd: [LAU] First International Faust Conference (IFC-18) - Call for Papers

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 20:58:31 UTC 2017

Dear all,

It is my pleasure to announce the First International Faust Conference
(IFC-18)! We look forward to see you in Mainz this summer.

Cheers,

Romain Michon
CCRMA, Stanford University

[Apologies for cross posting, please circulate widely.]
1st International Faust Conference - Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz
(Germany), July 17-18, 2018

The International Faust Conference (IFC-18: http://www.ifc18.uni-mainz.de)
will take place at the Johannes Gutenberg University
<http://www.uni-mainz.de/> of Mainz (Germany) on July 17-18, 2018. It aims
at gathering developers and users of the Faust programming language
<http://faust.grame.fr/> to present current projects and discuss future
directions for Faust and its community.

Participants will be able to share their work through paper presentations.
A series of round tables on various topics will serve as a platform to
brainstorm on Faust's features, semantics, tools, applications, etc. to
determine future directions for this language. Open spaces for demos and
workshops will be available for participants to openly share their ongoing
projects with the rest of the community.

As a special event, the winner of GRAME's Faust Open-Source Software
Competition will be announced during IFC-18.

IFC-18 is free and everyone is welcome to attend!

*Call for Papers*

We welcome submissions from academic, professional, independent
programmers, artists, etc. We solicit original papers centered around the Faust
programming language <http://faust.grame.fr/> in the following categories:

   - Original research
   - Technology tutorial
   - Artistic project report (e.g., installation, composition, etc.)

Paper should be up to 14 pages in length, non anonymous, and formatted
according to this template
<http://www.ifc18.uni-mainz.de/misc/IFC-18-templates.zip>. *Submissions
should be carried out via our EasyChair portal
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ifc18>*.

All submissions are subject to peer review. Acceptance may be conditional
upon changes being made to the paper as directed by reviewers.

Accepted papers will be published on-line as well as in the IFC-18
proceedings paper version. They will be presented by their author(s) at
IFC-18 as 15 minutes presentations (+ 5 minutes for questions).

Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

*Important Dates*

   - Papers submission deadline: March 2, 2018
   - Notification of Acceptance: May 1, 2018
   - Camera-Ready Version: June 1, 2018

*Call for Round Table Topics*

A series of round tables on the following themes will take place both
afternoons of IFC-18:

   - Faust Tools (e.g., Architectures, IDE, Faust Code Generator, On-Line
   Services, etc.)
   - DSP in Faust and Faust Libraries (e.g., New Algorithms, New Libraries,
   Missing Functions, etc.)
   - Faust Compiler and Semantics
   - Other Topics/Open Session

We solicit topic suggestions from the Faust community for each of these
themes. Topics can be submitted by means of this Google form
<https://goo.gl/forms/0fBYxk28jlRdtqRM2>. They will be introduced during
the round tables by the session chair.

*Contact*
Please, address your questions to: ifc18 at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de