[L2Ork-dev] updating cyclone

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 22:03:12 UTC 2017

> What features are added with cyclone's [comment] that cannot be achieved
> through normal comments

A lot: changing font, size, color

> and cnv labels?

You mean in Purr Data or Pd Vanilla? In Purr Data you can still use spaces,
which is great, but that's not true for vanilla, and vanilla benefits from
cyclone's comment even if purr data has some built in alternative. But even
so, using comment is much more convenient than using a canvas' label to
write stuff, as it works like a regular comment and you can start typing on
it right away. Not sure how to write a o paragraph or something as a canvas
label.

There are some other missing functionalities we're about to include in
cyclone comment, like the ability to compose messages with
"append"/"prepend", plus underline it, use italic/bold and the like.

> It would be a lot easier to maintain and develop a single set of
> documents.

yep, but until we have a cyclone/comment option for Purr Data, we'll have
to do this.

> I went ahead and created a bug report about aliases that will address
> this.  Once it is fixed the user will be able to
> load using either name.

awesome!