[L2Ork-dev] hello, and a request for mentoring for a simple add-on

Tiago Rezende tiagosr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 22:24:37 UTC 2017

Hi people!

I have been watching the Pd-l2ork and Purr-Data projects for a while with
much interest, and decided to finally give a shot at contributing to the
project. I have some experience coding externals for Pd, from previous
projects with art installations and my personal interests, and have read up
on some of the changes (mainly regarding GUI) that happened when switching
from Tk to NW.js.

My intention is to make an object to make use of the Gamepad API present in
Chromium (
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Gamepad_API/Using_the_Gamepad_API)
in a similar fashion to the [hid] and [hidin] objects, for Linux/OSX and
Windows respectively. From reading up pd/nw/pdgui.js and the uses of
gui_vmess() I get the sensation that I could just have a set of callbacks
in pdgui.js that hook to the gamepad* events in javascript, and those hooks
by themselves send data to the class object using pdsend(). Would that be
the recommended approach?

Cheers,
Tiago Rezende