[L2Ork-dev] purr-data side-by-side with pd-l2ork ?

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:24:47 UTC 2017

A quick heads up: I just updated Purr Data to the latest from Jonathan's
git repo (rev. 59c867e). It's currently building on Launchpad, so expect
another update in an hour or so. Also, there's now a complete set of
packages for Yakkety (Ubuntu 16.10), you can find these at
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/pd-l2ork.yakkety.

While Purr Data still has a few rough edges (mostly due to externals with
Tcl/Tk tie-ins which haven't been ported to the new JavaScript GUI yet),
it's ready for day-to-day use IMHO, and as a matter of fact we've been
successfully running it in all our courses at Johannes Gutenberg University
this winter semester. Kudos to Jonathan Wilkes who's put a *lot* of
dedicated work into pulling this off, I consider it an amazing feat! I'd
also like to mention that you can report bugs and open pull requests at
Jonathan's GitLab repo over at https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data.

Albert

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com