[L2Ork-dev] Non-signal *left* inlet visualization of a dsp object

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Feb 21 17:04:13 UTC 2017

Based on this discussion, I think it may be also worth entertaining the
idea that we would want to set up a more strict set of checks and balances
by which we would prevent objects connecting to specifically inlets and
outlets within abstractions depending on the kinds of objects they're
connected to below them. I understand this could introduce major
compatibility breakages, so it may be something we would have to
encapsulate inside the Legacy flag. Personally, I feel this would be a step
in the right direction that would further help newcomers better understand
the interaction between the two different kinds of nlets. This may require
a separate kind of an object that provides at ability to distinguish
between the two kinds of data.

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor