[L2Ork-dev] Non-signal *left* inlet visualization of a dsp object

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:51:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

> i'd like to challenge the notion of "all signal objects", see cyclone's
> [click~] for instance.

Interesting. However, while googling this issue I've read on the Pd mailing
lists that cyclone does its own magic for setting up the inlets (sic_setup,
sic_inlet). At least that's what I deduce from this thread here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@lists.iem.at/msg07016.html

So quite obviously it's not a display issue then, must be an issue with my
faust~ external after all. But it does work all right, i.e., the leftmost
inlet certainly processes control messages as it's supposed to. Strangely
enough, that inlet in fact does accept signal connections, too, even though
I've set it up to do control processing and nothing else. So that might be
one of those "conveniences" that Pd sets up by default, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to disable it yet. Maybe I should have a look at
those cyclone routines to see whether there's some incantation that I'm
missing in my code.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to that example, I think I know where to dig
next now. :)

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com