[L2Ork-dev] folder name error

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 20:19:29 UTC 2017

> Hi Jonathan,
> I am sorry for my slow reply, somehow your message ended up on my Spam folder and I just noticed it, my apologies.

> Concerning version 2.2.4, thanks for the link, I have just installed it (I was using agraef's repository for the debian packages).

> About the issue I reported (which still persists on 2.2.4), I get this error when a filename contains double quotes, commas or semicolons, such as foo"bar.pd or "foobar".pd or foo,bar.pd or foo;bar.pd (all of which are valid names under Linux and can be opened by Pd-l2ork). Also, if I double click on the files on Nemo, they open without any problems -- the issue is only present when I use File > Open and select the files from within Purr-Data.
Do those filenames work in Pd Vanilla?

> And by the way, another small issue I had is that after removing Pd-l2Ork and installing Purr-Data, the update manager of my Linux distribution kept bothering me that a more recent version is available through the dr-graef's Pd-l2Ork PPA (which I previously had enabled). The version available for Pd-l2Ork is 20170108, so could this be caused because both flavours have the same package name pd-l2ork but 20170108 > 2.2.4 ? Anyway, I obviously removed that PPA from my list and the problem is gone, I just wanted to let you know about it in case some Linux distribution would have both Pd-l2Ork version 1.0 and version 2.0 (Purr-Data) available in the future, which would then give priority to the former.

Hm. I don't know much about PPAs so I'm not sure what to do about this one.
-Jonathan

> Many thanks!

> Cheers,
> Gilberto

 On 16/08/17 21:00, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

  Hi Gilberto, What's the filename that is causing the error?

  Also-- there's a 2.2.4 release, although I doubt it will fix this particular issue:
  https://github.com/jonwwilkes/purr-data/releases

  -Jonathan