[L2Ork-dev] folder name error

Gilberto Agostinho gilbertohasnofb at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 18 19:24:18 UTC 2017

Hi Jonathan,

I am sorry for my slow reply, somehow your message ended up on my Spam
folder and I just noticed it, my apologies.

Concerning version 2.2.4, thanks for the link, I have just installed it
(I was using agraef's repository for the debian packages).

About the issue I reported (which still persists on 2.2.4), I get this
error when a filename contains double quotes, commas or semicolons, such
as foo"bar.pd or "foobar".pd or foo,bar.pd or foo;bar.pd (all of which
are valid names under Linux and can be opened by Pd-l2ork). Also, if I
double click on the files on Nemo, they open without any problems -- the
issue is only present when I use File > Open and select the files from
within Purr-Data.

And by the way, another small issue I had is that after removing
Pd-l2Ork and installing Purr-Data, the update manager of my Linux
distribution kept bothering me that a more recent version is available
through the dr-graef's Pd-l2Ork PPA (which I previously had enabled).
The version available for Pd-l2Ork is 20170108, so could this be caused
because both flavours have the same package name pd-l2ork but 20170108 >
2.2.4 ? Anyway, I obviously removed that PPA from my list and the
problem is gone, I just wanted to let you know about it in case some
Linux distribution would have both Pd-l2Ork version 1.0 and version 2.0
(Purr-Data) available in the future, which would then give priority to
the former.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Gilberto