[L2Ork-dev] mouse events

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 11:11:28 UTC 2016

Hi all,

what does everybody use to read the mouse cursor location and button
presses in pd-l2ork and purr-data? I've tried cyclone/MouseState, which
works in pd-l2ork but not with purr-data (as it uses Tcl code). hcs/cursor
doesn't seem to work because there's a file
/usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/hcs/cursor.tcl missing, will have to look into
that; but in any case it will only work with pd-l2ork because it's Tcl, too.

The only other object which I could find is hid/mouse (which is actually an
abstraction using the hid external). This doesn't need Tcl and reads
directly from /dev/input/event*, but its use is complicated (you have to
know the correct device number AFAICT) and in any case it works neither on
Arch nor Ubuntu 16.04 for me (it never reports anything, although the
devices are listed and I can read from the devices on the command line all
right; so it looks like a protocol issue).

Is there anything else that I could use and which works (preferably) with
*both* pd-l2ork and purr-data? Otherwise I'll probably have to dig into the
hid code and see whether I can make it work.

TIA,

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com