[L2Ork-dev] new alpha release of pd-l2ork

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun May 29 04:09:25 UTC 2016

Thank you for the report, Albert. Below is the current update (I haven't
uploaded anything yet):

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can open these patches now, but text-object-help.pd still gives me a
> segfault when I close the patch window. Also, there's

This should be now fixed in the latest git commit.

> some stuff missing when I open these patches. With array-object-help.pd I
> get (console messages):
>
>  scalar
> ... couldn't create

Scalar is a non-issue. It is currently an object that has no purpose (yet)
according to Miller's comments in the code. I have opted not to implement
it yet and in these patches it is merely listed as a related object.

> error: text define: no method for 'float'
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
> error: text define: no method for 'float'

This is something I will have to investigate further. Any help/leads is
most appreciated.

> With text-object-help.pd I get:
>
>  drawtext z 16 -3 0
> ... couldn't create

This one is a bit of a pickle that will take some effort to reconcile.
Miller's drawnumber/drawsymbol and Pd-L2Ork's are starting to diverge
significantly. I am thinking I may just implement drawtext as a separate
object altogether.

>  scalar
> ... couldn't create

See comment above.

Making progress. Slowly. Progress nonetheless :-)