[L2Ork-dev] gui port

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:49:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is probably because the nw.js binary/libs are missing.  ATM I am
> manually downloading the nw.js binary for the relevant architecture,
> un-tarring, then moving the contents into pd/nw/nw.

Oops, I missed that bit. Will give it another whirl. I think that the right
place in tar_em_up to pull nw.js is where git init / update is run to fetch
the submodules. That shouldn't be very difficult.

Creating a proper Debian source package which can be built on the Launchpad
servers is another matter, though, since you can't just pull random binary
blobs during the build there. And there really doesn't seem to be a package
for nw.js on Launchpad, only older versions of node-webkit. So we either
need to package nw.js first, or include the nw.js binaries in the Debian
source package (IIRC there are ways to do this, but they are a bit awkward).

Arch should be easier. For one thing, there's a nw.js package in the Arch
User Repositories. And of course an AUR PKGBUILD can also just pull the
upstream nw.js package without any ado.

> For OSX, it's not documented at all yet. :(

Ok, no worries. I'll take a look at the Linux side first.

> Additionally, I can't successfully build a 32-bit target on OSX, and Gem
> needs 32-bit to work on OSX.

Ouch. :( I think that we should just ignore that issue for now. Having a 64
bit version without Gem on Mac is better than nothing. What's the issue
with Gem on 64 bit OSX, does it need Carbon there?

BTW, maybe you could upload the a0 package for OSX to the new binary repo
at https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/binaries, so that Mac users have at
least the older version to play with for the time being?

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com