[L2Ork-dev] New Pd-L2Ork release

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 13:31:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 4:29 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> It may not be a bad idea to bring the -F option up to speed in case
>> anyone ever needs that one again. I don't know. What are everyone's
>> thoughts on this one? Do we really need the -F/-f options anymore once
>> Albert migrates his build process to the modified -B build?
>

> Well, we shouldn't forget that there's a substantial number of non-Debian
> and non-Arch Linux systems out there. If you're on one of those then you're
> currently out of luck, because -F will only give you a bare-bones package
> without K12, desktop files etc.

Sorry, I missed that -F already has its own machinery in place which adds
most of the extra stuff, albeit in different locations. So the tarball
installer should be all right (except that it currently lacks the arduino
folder, which is easy enough to fix).

Therefore I'll now concentrate on making `-B -n` add the extra stuff to the
staging directory, that's really all I need.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com