[L2Ork-dev] libgsl0ldbl, ubuntustudio 16.04

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:08:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:13 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> then the proper B-D should be "libgsl-dev|libgsl0-dev".
> those dev-packages will then pull in the correct library packages.

Yes, I know, that's already in my latest debuild/debian/control file. (Ico
hasn't merged my pull request yet, so you need to look at
https://github.com/agraef/pd.)

> > I could then rely on dh_shlibdeps picking up the proper
> > runtime dep on its own.
> >
> which is definitively the way to go for the dependencies of the binary
> packages.

Yes, but there are a couple of shared library dependencies which aren't
detected by dh_shlibdeps, so I include them explicitly, because they are in
the VT control file under packages/linux_make/debian. These are:
libfftw3-3, libgmerlin0, libgmerlin-avdec1, libgsm1, libjpeg62,
libraw1394-11, libsmpeg0, libvorbis0a

If anyone knows for sure that these can be removed, I will do that. Until
then I keep them because some of these might still be needed even if they
aren't linked explicitly. After all they might get loaded using dlopen by
some external.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com