[L2Ork-dev] L2ork and new vanilla features

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Apr 5 04:45:43 UTC 2016

On 4/4/2016 8:05 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> <mailto:ico at vt.edu>>:
>
>     Can someone provide a list of new objects? That will make porting
>     much easier. Thank you.
>

> I tried but it seems pd vanilla has no changelog :P (damn)
>
> anyway, let me ask how this works, the projects seems now to be very
> appart. As I understood, extended was built on top of vanilla,
> following its versions - so pd-l2orkhas a different core and new
> features need to be ported?

Pd-L2Ork has over 1,000 commits and improvements to extended/vanilla,
some of which have been backported from vanilla, and many (most?) that
are entirely new. See pd-l2ork.org for a complete git log on our end
since the fork. With Jonathan's nw version, I am sure there are at least
couple more hundred. That said, differences between vanilla and pd-l2ork
are minimal from user's perspective (apart from usability and
appearance) with one notable exception being the lack of new objects
whose incorporation should not take too much effort as long as we can
identify all of them. So far I got:

*bob~
*some kind of a text object (a coll alternative) whose name I forgot
*???