[L2Ork-dev] compiling on Ubuntu 14.04

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Sep 26 22:19:09 UTC 2015

Are you by any chance building the new alpha node-webkit version? If so,
its build process is not streamlined yet and if you don't have nw.js file
properly installed, build will fail in a way you describe. If you are using
current stable version send me a complete build log by copying and pasting
entire contents in an e-mail. Thank you.

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor
ico at vt.edu
www.performingarts.vt.edu
disis.icat.vt.edu
l2ork.icat.vt.edu
Ico.bukvic.net
On Sep 26, 2015 5:24 PM, "Husk 00" <husk00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Also, on the L2Ork software webpage we have a deb prebuilt for Ubuntu, so
>> you don't have to build it from scratch. Pd-l2ork can coexist with other pd
>> releases.
>>
>> Best,
>>

> Yes, thanks to point it to me , this is the version I'm actually using
> right now. Still I'm very interested in understanding the compiling process
> and compile my own version of pd-l2ork.
>
> best
>
> husk
>

>> --
>> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
>> Associate Professor
>> Computer Music
>> ICAT Senior Fellow
>> Director -- DISIS, L2Ork
>> Virginia Tech
>> School of Performing Arts – 0141
>> Blacksburg, VA 24061
>> (540) 231-6139
>> ico at vt.edu
>> www.performingarts.vt.edu
>> disis.icat.vt.edu
>> l2ork.icat.vt.edu
>> Ico.bukvic.net
>> On Sep 26, 2015 9:07 AM, "Ivica Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To build a deb you need the -B flag, not -F. Type ./tar_em_up.sh by
>>> itself for a more detailed info on what each flag means. You likely have
>>> another problem of missing certain libraries that are necessary to build
>>> pd-l2ork. Did you install all the supporting libraries as instructed on the
>>> software page?
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> --