[L2Ork-dev] sliders

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Sep 19 06:55:27 UTC 2014

The iemgui object positioning was a conscious decision to ensure objects
autopatch and are positioned properly. In other words in vanilla/extended
they are not positioned according to their xy position and this is a bug
they don't want to fix due to backwards compatibility. We are looking
possibly into creating a compatibility flag that would support this buggy
legacy behaviour but honestly it is not very high on my priority list
because preferred way would be vanilla and extended fixing the problem
which is clearly a bug.

As for the first bug report, this one is kind of tricky because when you do
ctrl+1 and type vsl, that object's height is technically that of a default
object and the autopatching is attempted before vsl is fully instantiated
and its height properly set. Let me see if I can think of a way to test
this.

The most obvious solution is not to type vsl into the object box and
instead create vertical slider and other gui objects using their keyboard
shortcuts, e.g. for vsl (as shown in the Put menu) you would type
shift+ctrl+v.

HTH