[L2Ork-dev] a couple of questions

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Sep 18 02:27:47 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 04:53 PM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:
> Thank you very much then, Ivica; so I will keep reporting bugs and
> ideas as I find them, I am happy to help with what I can do. I got
> really excited about pd-l2Ork and I am spending a great deal of time
> playing with it and testing it. You see, I recently switched from
> Windows to Linux, and then from Max MSP 6 to Pure Data. This
> transition from Max was not as easy as I expected, there were so many
> little things were bothering me with pd. Now pd-l2Ork solved the
> majority of my issues, and I am really happy about it.
>
> As for the arrays, I tested saving and opening a file in pd-extended
> 0.43.4 containing three arrays, one displayed as points, one as
> polygon and one as Bezier curve. After saving and opening it again,
> the display of the arrays remained the same, which means that the odd
> behaviour you describe is only present in vanilla pd.
>
> As a final comment, if you want me to run any tests with pd-extended
> just let me know.

Again, thanks for the report. I just committed a bug-fix in the latest
git that ensures identical array appearance on both platforms. As it
turns out pd has poly and point arrays numbered inversely and then
manually adjusts those values everywhere in the code rather than
complying with the defined values. I guess that is likely due to legacy
issues...

Please note that the bezier curve is currently unsupported on pd-l2ork
until we are able to draw those accurately in svg format.

Hope this helps!