[L2Ork-dev] a couple of questions

Gilberto Agostinho gilbertohasnofb at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:33:12 UTC 2014

Hello list,

So after successfully installing pd-2lok side-by-side with pd-extended,
I am finally playing around with it. I am extremely impressed by it, the
new features are absolutely stunning! That said, I do have a couple of
questions/comments about it, and I hope this is the right place to ask
them (I tried the main Pure Data forum, but I think not many users there
are working with pd-l2Ork).

- Pd-l2Ork does not seem to recognize nor execute any of my *-plugin.tcl
files (pd-extended automatically does it for any file ending with
-plugin.tcl). Is this feature not yet supported? If so, is there any
plan to implement it? It would be a huge pity to live without it, since
there are great tcl plugins available for pure data, such as
auto-completition, full screen by pressing F11 and one called
category_menu-plugin.tcl (this last one is my absolutely favourite).

- I am not able to add a new folder to pd-l2Ork's path. To be more
exact: I do manage to add it, but then when I restart Pd-l2Ork (so all
externals would be reloaded) the folder is not on its path and the
abstractions there contained cannot be loaded. How can one edit the path?

- Is it possible for pd-l2Ork to automatically start JACK by itself as
pd-extended does? Now I have to manually open QjackCtrl, start JACK and
then start pd-l2Ork

- [gcanvas] : this very nice pd-extended GUI object is missing, and I
believe quite a lot of abstractions use it (I found that even some of
GEM tutorials included in pd-l2ork have it)

- [prepend] : very useful pd-extended object (part of cyclone) is also
missing. Why wasn't this library included in this release? I copied it
from the pd-extended folder and it worked perfectly well.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,
Gilberto