[L2Ork-dev] external objects path

Gilberto Agostinho gilbertohasnofb at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 13 02:34:31 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I just found out that Pd-l2Ork behaves differently than Pd-extended when
it comes to the path of external objects. Let's say I have some objects
named exampleN and their help files in the following folder structure:

~/.pd/extra-objects/example1/example1.pd
~/.pd/extra-objects/example1/example1-help.pd
~/.pd/extra-objects/example2/example2.pd
~/.pd/extra-objects/example2/example2-help.pd
~/.pd/extra-objects/example3/example3.pd
~/.pd/extra-objects/example3/example3-help.pd

That is, I don't want to simply put all these extra objects in a same
folder, each one has their one specific folder with the same name. With
Pd-extended, I could simply add ~/.pd/extra-objects to my path, and all
of them would be automatically loaded (if and only if their subfolder
names are the exact same as the object's name). This is very handy
because you can organize your objects better, and also needs less work
than adding each single one of them to your path.

What do you think about this?

Best,
Gilberto