[L2Ork-dev] ANN: pd-l2ork v.20130920 released

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:28:07 UTC 2013

Alan,

You need to uninstall puredata-utils since both utils and pd-l2ork
provide pdsend, pdreceive, and cyclist. Since pd-l2ork is a monolithic
distribution, I prefer to include everything in one. I am hoping that
puredata-utils has been updated not to depend on puredata packages
(since it doesn't) in which case uninstalling it should be easy.
Otherwise, you may have to temporarily uninstall pd/extended package to
which this package belongs to. An alternative would be to build your own
script-based installer (./tar_em_up.sh -F) at which point you can
specify a custom install folder (default is /usr/local) and that way you
could have the two distributions co-exist happily on the same system.

I would also suggest if you encounter problems removing puredata-utils,
that you inform Hans (or whoever is the upstream maintainer) to remove
the said dependency since it makes no sense to have it there.

HTH

Best wishes,

Ico