[L2Ork-dev] [PD] Upcoming pd-l2ork release teaser

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 15:03:04 UTC 2013

Ico, one further thing I noticed while working on this package is that
the installed Gem header files seem to be incomplete. After a
tar_em_up -F there's only a include/Base directory there, shouldn't
this be an entire collection of subdirs under include/Gem instead? For
the time being, I left these files out of the AUR package.

Also (this has been nagging me since I first started using pd-l2ork),
there's a discrepancy between vanilla pd's and pd-l2ork's default for
the realtime priorities (-rt). It seems that recent (0.44 and later?)
versions of pd have this always on by default, whereas it's only by
default enabled with pd-l2ork when running setuid/gid root (as it used
to be in older pd vanilla versions).

Is this intentional? Or might this be updated to the behavior of
recent pd versions? It's all too easy to forget the -rt when running
from the command line, and the flag isn't recognized in the .pdl2ork
config file. I guess that on modern Linux systems we can safely assume
that ordinary users can get realtime priorities without much ado, and
this is really important to get solid audio processing. So I'd vote
for adopting the (new) pd vanilla behavior here.

Albert

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have updated the package at
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pd-l2ork/ now. Arch users please
> give it a try and let me know if anything is broken. And don't forget
> to vote for the package so that we eventually get it into the official
> Arch repositories. ;-)

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754