[L2Ork-dev] [PD] Upcoming pd-l2ork release teaser

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:57:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll let you know which packages are needed on Arch once I'm through
> with the compilation.

Ok, here is the complete package list for those of you who want to
kick the tyres on Arch or one of its derivatives. Note that this
includes some AUR packages. The first line are the additional build
dependencies:

automake curl subversion swig

avifile bluez-libs desktop-file-utils dssi fftw flite-fpic fluidsynth freeglut
ftgl git glew gmerlin gsl gsm hicolor-icon-theme imagemagick jack ladspa lame
libdc1394 libdv libgl libiec61883 libjpeg libquicktime libraw1394
libsndobj-cvs libv4l libvorbis lua51 portaudio smpeg speex stk tk tkpng

I hope that I didn't miss anything. However, using these (and the
source changes mentioned below) the tar_em_up script goes through
without errors and runs like a charm.

And boy, this version really looks wonderful! By far the prettiest Pd
implementation I've seen so far. :)

One thing, however: The version built with './tar_em_up.sh -F' seems
to lack quite a few of the additional externals such as cyclone,
mrpeach etc. In fact most of the additional pd-extended stuff from
seem to be missing, although they are in the git repo. Are there any
additional hoops I have to jump through to get those compiled, too?

> There also are a couple of other (minor) changes
> to make the compile go through on non-Debian systems; I'll prepare a
> pull request with my suggested changes when I'm done.

You can see the required changes at
https://github.com/agraef/pd/commit/9e6da8b. I also tested the build
with these changes on Ubuntu 12.04, it goes through all right. One
thing I noticed, though, is that the externals/moocow/flite/configure
is broken. I fixed externals/moocow/flite/configure.ac in the above
changeset so that it compiles on both Arch and Ubuntu, but you'll have
to run autoconf in the externals/moocow/flite directory manually; the
tar_em_up script doesn't appear to do this automatically.

Ico, I'll prepare a pull request for the above changeset later, so
that you can easily pull it into the main repo if you so decide.

Cheers,

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754