[L2Ork-dev] Delayed pd_unbind

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:50:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, if I understood you correctly, then for your purposes it
> would be good enough to just delay the freeing of entries in a
> specific bind list x while x is still being traversed in one of the
> bindlist functions, right? Then it should be possible to add another
> global variable with the active bind list so that the delaying could
> be restricted to just the active bind list, making all other calls to
> pd_unbind() behave like in vanilla Pd. I'll prepare a pull request
> which does that and also includes the fixes discussed above.

Ok, here is the suggested patch. This works fine with pd-faust, and
the delayed freeing should still work the same when invoking pd_unbind
on the active bind list while one of the bindlist functions is
executing.

If you can dig out your example which segfaults with the vanilla
pd_unbind then I'll be happy to test it with my modified version.

Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef at gmail.com