[L2Ork-dev] pd-l2ork, libcwiid1, supercollider

Bruno Ruviaro bruviaro at scu.edu
Tue Mar 19 03:20:07 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm just starting a laptop orchestra at Santa Clara University, very much
inspired on the L2Ork model. We are running Ubuntu Studio on 16 machines.
First class/rehearsal will happen in April, and students are excited about
it! We plan to use both pd-l2ork and supercollider as our main programs.

I have two wiimote-related questions.

a) Does anyone have a simple demo patch that you could share for testing
and demonstrating the use of a wiimote with Pd-L2Ork?

b) I was wondering whether any of you have successfully installed Pd-L2Ork
AND SuperCollider on the same machine. They both need libcwiid1 (for the
wiimote). Pd-l2ork requires its own version of this library. L2Ork's
website (http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56) recommends removing
all previous versions of libcwiid1. I did so, but then SuperCollider
requires the stock libcwiid1 from the Ubuntu repository (it is
automatically reinstalled wSChen SC is installed). Long story short, with
the two libcwiid1 installed, things seem to get messy and SC has trouble
with it. I'm asking more or less this same question on the SC mailing list,
but I thought I'd ask it here as well in case anyone ran into the same
issue.

Thanks!

Bruno