[L2Ork-dev] Fwd: RE: preset_hub isues/questions

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 15:15:48 UTC 2013

On 08/25/2013 10:43 AM, András Murányi wrote:
> Check if you are using any third party GUI objects that have not been
> accelerated yet. They can be easily identified because their selection
> is in blue rather than orange. Beyond that, I will need the patch to
> study. Is there a lot of gui activity?
>

> I tested with the sequencer stopped, however it is a huge GUI. I'll
> eventually send the patch later.
> The offending objects are:
> cyclone/comment
> tof/pmenu
> tof/menubutton

cyclone/comment is going away in the next release. I fixed
it/accelerated it but there are a bunch of other design issues I don't
feel like fixing. Eventually, I want vanilla comment to replace its
functionality. You can still manually compile it for your own version if
you like--it is just it has too many design issues I don't like to fix.
I'll also check tof soon and see what we can fix/keep and what has to go
away.

That said, if these elements are not moving during runtime or changing
colors or being interacted with, there should be no slowdown because of
them. If they are being altered in real-time that can cause slowdowns.

> I didn't know the blue/orange selection trick, it's neat.
> And I like the new window colors. They use my OS settings, right?

Thanks! It is currently hardwired to follow Ubuntu colors but can be
easily changed inside pd.tk file.

Best wishes,