[L2Ork-dev] Feature requests

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Aug 9 13:52:49 UTC 2013

I think former might be a bit tricky and I'll have to look into it.
Latter can be done right now via [sys_gui] external as follows:

[number]

[wm attributes .printout -topmost $1<

[sys_gui]

You could then build an abstraction for this where you could plug it in
at any point to control the console state. If everyone else feels
compelled to have on-top flag for the console, I guess I can add a
button on the console, otherwise, this would be an easy way to do it
right now.

HTH

On 08/09/2013 07:04 AM, András Murányi wrote:
> Hi List, Ivica,
>
> two humble ideas to reject or endorse:
> - a "compute control" (or better worded) checkbox which
> disables/enables not (only) audio computation but all the rest;
> control, logic, you name it. The rationale is that I don't even use
> audio/DSP but I work on heavy patches which can use up to 75% CPU when
> idle. I'd greatly enjoy patching around with almost zero CPU load and
> switching on computation when I'm actually testing/using the the
> patch. Alternatively, on option to disable every computation when in
> edit mode would be nice.
> - a "stay on top" option for the Console
>
> Thanks for considering,
>
> András

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music