[L2Ork-dev] preset_hub and arrays

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:57:04 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

>  On 08/02/2013 02:53 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>

>>>  What you can do however is to list of all the data from an array into
>>> a list object and then connect that list to the preset node. The only trick
>>> is then somehow reloading those back into the array without causing a loop.
>>>

>>  Hmm. Now I'll either take this path, or... do you have plans on
>> enabling direct preset saving for tables/arrays in the near future?
>>

>  So, can you shed some light on your plans...?
>

>>           I guess I am not sure. It would be an interesting exercise to
> see just how (in)efficient it would be to build something in pd-l2ork to
> have it fill a list with data and if that doesn't work well (or at all),
> then I would look into implementing something for an array. Speaking of
> which, if you would be willing to test/implement the pd-l2ork version, that
> would be very much appreciated. spectdelay~-help.pd file already has most
> of this implemented (as it uses arrays as parameters for spectdelay's bins)
> and it would just require you to automate it a bit.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ico

Here you go, an attempt on wrapping the saving and loading of an Array with
preset_node.
Issues which I haven't gotten around:
- Dumping the Array to a list needs a bang, and the only way I found to get
that automatically was [r arrayname_changed]. Now this is l2ork-only which
is OK, but it also bangs only on manual changes (ie "drawing") to the
array. (Please correct me if not.) Another possibility is having an inlet
to bang.
- When tested, it seems that somehow only a single state is saved. No idea
why, I may have messed up something.

Dumping to/from a list is based on Dan Wilcox's rc-patches.

András