[L2Ork-dev] preset demo

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Dec 9 02:22:13 UTC 2012

On 12/08/2012 09:04 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Here's an idea-- what if you could redirect the hidden args to be
> appended as abstraction args?  That way they could get saved with the
> parent patch, but in a way that is both transparent to the user and
> consistent with the current behavior. This would mean that users could
> code their own iemgui-style abstractionswhere settings like
> colors/settings/state/etc. could get saved  with each instance. -Jonathan

So, what you're saying is [abstraction node_name]  and inside it
[preset_node $1] where $1 is recast into node_name? If so, this
currently doesn't work since preset_node does not know what to make of
$1 but if I allow preset node context to be settable (as in [set blah<),
then this could be added relatively easily, as in:

loadbang

$1

set $1

preset_node whatever

However, for this to work, both preset_node and preset_hub should also
allow for argument-less creation which I guess I could implement once we
have this release finalized.

Best wishes,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A