[L2Ork-dev] preset demo

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 02:04:57 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Yes, this is probably a confusing way to get the functionality I'm asking about.

[...]

> Another thought, if one had a preset_hub embedded in each canvas, then the
> abstraction would have one as well which means that you could never do the
> granular approach I explained in earlier email where one hub controls all
> abstractions. This is because all nodes would detect the hub inside the
> abstraction before they would detect the one on the parent and as such could
> never be controlled outside the abstraction itself *unless* you specify
> different node name than the default canvas one, in which case you are back
> to square one except that the whole thing is a lot more confusing.
>
> Last thought, one could go as far as embedding the external into the canvas
> and then in the canvas properties assigning canvas preset hub name. But
> this, to me at least, seems a lot more confusing and less straightforward
> than simply using the preset_node and preset_hub...

Here's an idea-- what if you could redirect the hidden args to be appended as
abstraction args?  That way they could get saved with the parent patch, but in
a way that is both transparent to the user and consistent with the current behavior.

This would mean that users could code their own iemgui-style abstractionswhere
settings like colors/settings/state/etc. could get saved  with each instance.