[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data v.2.14.0 - JGU Release

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:28:51 EDT 2020

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:16 AM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 3:55 AM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We didn't release that in 2.14.1, did we? I thought that was still
>> waiting to be merged...
>

> You remember correctly, Guillem's branch is still WIP: https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/merge_requests/560

Ah, good. Sanity restored. :)

I'm very curious to read the responses to the patch-private
abstractions Guillem designed and
implemented. I think he chose a sensible path for UX that will make
sense to current users as
well as being easy for new users to pick up on.

Also, I think it would be helpful to have some length of a "review
period" so that if there is some
part of that feature that needs to be changed or rethought, we can do
it without worrying about
backwards compatibility. In general that would be a nice pattern for
new features-- something like
what I tried to do with the "info" class methods, but also *actually*
coming back to finalize it later
would be even better. :)

-Jonathan