[L2Ork-dev] regression tests as part of the build

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 23:45:48 EDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 12:16 AM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ah, I see. So now I can simplify the CI instructions by doing "make
> all check" right after the build. Nice.

Exactly. Not "right after the build", though, `make all check` already does
it all, first build, then check. But of course you can also run those two
targets separately if you prefer.

Let me think a bit about the tests some more. There's already a UX
> problem because one has to add a test patch *and* create an
> abstraction in regression_tests.pd. It would be much better to be able
> to add the test patch and have regression_tests.pd run whatever is in
> the directory.

You could probably use a little inspection to add a quick check whether the
patch runs in the light or the complete environment, and adjust
accordingly. That would be the most elegant solution.

Email: aggraef at gmail.com, web: https://agraef.github.io/